Saturday, July 31, 2010

Vintage Brisbane


This is something that I have thought about more than once over the past few years. With increased pollution, traffic jams, strain on our public transport system, plus new roads, tunnels and overpasses being built everywhere, I wonder why they ever pulled out the Brisbane Tram System?

There may have been very good reasons at the time, but I digress. This post isn't really about me standing up on a soapbox about our local traffic woes. It's more to do with the fact that I received some fabulous photographs of the old Brisbane tram system.

These pictures open a little window into the nostalgia of years gone by. Where cars were the colour of gelati and you wore your Sunday best when you came to town. Enjoy!

Wickham St Valley (Aug1965)
508 Stones Corner (Feb 1969)
441 Inbound Melbourne St (Feb1969)
549 Breakfast Creek
Brunswick St (Oct 1968)

No comments:

Post a Comment